Monday, March 5, 2012

Hide and Seek Games...

Lately I have been telling God that I need to have an encounter with Him. I always say, "Lord, let me feel You so that my faith can be renewed again." Well, He hadn't allowed me to have an encounter with Him. I was feeling so down in the dumps about it. I wondered why God wouldn't allow me to feel His presence...He is God, He can do anything, right? Well, my faith was quickly fading to say the least. 


Now before you think this post is about me downing God, let me tell you why He and I haven't had an encounter. Yesterday I was in church for the first time in weeks, simply because I have been too lazy to go. I didn't want to wake up to go to church. Anyway, I decided it was time for me to go again and I am glad I did. The church service started out bad-someone had a heart attack and had to be rushed to the hospital(he is doing fine now, and I don't know his name, but keep him in your prayers.) That caused the pastor to leave church, weird start, right? Well, other than that I had moments in and out when I was praying to God and we were having our time. Other times I had Sean's two nieces hollering for my attention. Anyways...In those moments when God and I were talking He told me that the reason we haven't had an encounter was because I wasn't seeking Him.


Yes, I was reading my bible and praying, but not sincerely. I was just going through the motions to please me. It made me more calm to know that I was still talking to God...but I wasn't really caring about it.
I'm so thankful that God will always lead us in the right direction. He's pretty great that way. 


"But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul." -- Deuteronomy 4:29


God Bless!


xoxo,
Lauren(:

No comments:

Post a Comment