Monday, March 25, 2013

Worry isn't even for the birds.

Hey there. It's been such a long time since I've done this, but I just felt the need to share my thoughts again. As I was reading my bible the other night, I came across these next few verses. I really love the book of Matthew if you can't tell. I tend to refer back to it a lot.

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you -- you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." -Matthew 6:25-34

There are a few places that I have italicized and underlined. These are the places that really hit me. I am such a worry wart. I constantly worry about things. I know it's not physically healthy for me, but it's also not spiritually healthy. God has taken our cares. He worries for us. We are first supposed to seek Him and He will give us everything we need.
In our society, we think we need cell phones and televisions and all these ridiculous things. God knows what we need and He will provide for us. We of little faith. We think because God doesn't give us the brand new iPad that He just has it out for us - this is untrue. He loves us and wants us to build up our treasures in Heaven - where we will be for eternity instead of building our treasures on the Earth that will soon be gone. He knows whats best for us. He will lead us and give us everything we need. He will also give us our wants. I'm not saying that we can't have the new iPad, I'm simply saying that we need God much more. That is a completely different subject to go off on so I will end there. Just some food for thought.

Thanks for reading.

xoxo,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment